History

History

History

Founded in 1957 by Jane Duff, Greenwich Botanical Center is a member-based non-profit volunteer organization dedicated to promoting horticulture, conservation and the arts through educational programs, outreach activities and special events.

In 2018 the organization changed its name from the Garden Education Center of Greenwich to Greenwich Botanical Center and introduced a new logo and updated mission  to the community. These changes were made to better reflect a modernized programming roster that meets the needs of new and shifting generations of nature lovers in Greenwich and beyond. 

Today Greenwich Botanical Center is an oasis for environmental connection offering multi-generational enrichment, events and education.  We serve our community as a resource while providing exceptional public offerings through which everyone can enjoy nature.

We are located within the Montgomery Pinetum, in Cos Cob, CT, with greenhouses, learning garden, classrooms, pond, and magnificent collection of evergreens, woodland trails, wildflowers, peony garden, old stone structures, sculptures and a gift shop.