Greenwich Botanical Center - Birthday Party Lead & Coordinator
GBC is seeking a Birthday Party Outdoor Educator to provide friendly, responsive service to lead an exceptional nature-based experience for our birthday party customers. You are a front-line ambassador for our mission of nature-based education, indoor and outdoor programming, showing abundant hospitality and knowledge of the natural world to our guests. Parties may occur on Saturday, Sundays and Friday afternoons.
Ideal Candidate Will:
- Regularly liaise with GBC Admin, Youth Program staff.
- Coordinate with birthday party assistant.
- Be able to plan with the customer parent in advance of the party. Discuss party options and any special requests for activities within the parameter of the party they have purchased.
- Be punctual. Arrive at least 45 minutes before the party to ensure that the tables have been set up properly, the building is tidy and you are ready to greet the host family upon arrival.
- Greet and assist host family unloading supplies and setting up.
- Personally greet young guests and create name tags for each.
- Provide an age-appropriate program for guests. GBC Youth Programming staff can help support themes, curriculum, activities and supplies.
- Keep the event on track by adhering to party timing schedule
- Assist host by serving food, beverages and cake to party guests.
- Need to be able to manage a group of 10-20+ children, along with some adults and your assisting staff. Candidate needs to be able to communicate directly/gently guide the party hosts and their adult guests.
- Provide an exceptional party experience that introduces guests to the GBC, the surroundings and the wonders of our natural environment.
- Possess a solid understanding and appreciation of ecology, conservation, plants, nature, and the ability to share that with children in an engaging way.
- Help clean up party and ensure guests depart with a positive feeling.
- Solicit and incorporate guest feedback into events.
- Complete opening and closing duties assuring that all materials are put away, lights off and building is locked.
Prior experience as a naturalist or children birth party host preferred. Must be able to communicate clearly and cordially with customers. Must be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 15 pounds. Time will be spent outdoors - a willingness to be out in all weather and keep a steady pace that can keep up with young children is required. Genuine enthusiasm for connecting with and teaching children about the marvels of nature and sincerely sharing in the fun of the outdoors are a must. Sense of humor, dependability and flexibility are also essential to this role.
Compensation: Competitive. Payment will be based on a per party fee. To be determined based on qualifications and experience.
Greenwich Botanical Center is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status under applicable federal, state, or local laws. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all individuals.