Greenwich Botanical Center is a non-profit volunteer organization dedicated to developing interest and involvement in horticulture nature and the arts through educational programs, outreach and special events. For the past 66 years we have provided environmental education with a focus on children by offering school programs, family programs, adult education, public programs and special events for members of the immediate and surrounding communities.
GBC is seeking a Teacher for its Forest Days - Pre-K & Early Elementary enrichment programs- Little Rangers and Afternoon Adventurers. Forest Days is an all-weather, outdoor children's enrichment program. Our Little Rangers and Afternoon Adventurers are drop off programs for children in Pre-K, Kindergarten and first grade.
The lead teacher is responsible for teaching 8-12 students with an assistant. The lead teacher is responsible for coordinating the curriculum, obtaining any necessary supplies and developing a cohesive and seasonally appropriate environmental education program as well as overseeing group dynamics and safety.
- Develop and conduct program with outdoor activities, skill-building, and games that have a strong focus on awareness and respect for the natural world
- Participate in the daily setup and breakdown of all program aspects.
- Organize and supervise children including to facilitate group management and safety
- Maintain lesson plans, educational materials and all other related programing information as required.
- Oversee and actively engage assistant teachers
Ideal Candidate Will:
- Have a minimum of five years working with young children
- Have a strong appreciation for nature and the natural world
- Be willing to teach outdoors under all safe weather conditions
- Have infant/child CPR and First Aid certification
- Must clear a full background check
- Requirements include the ability to walk on uneven terrain, be aware of safe practices in the outdoors and physically help children navigate natural surroundings.
- Must be a motivated, self-starter able to work independently in the execution of his/her responsibilities while collaborating with other staff within the organization with the ability to demonstrate initiative and a positive attitude.
Pay: $30-35 per hour
Greenwich Botanical Center is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status under applicable federal, state, or local laws. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all individuals.